It’s been a little quiet here for the last few days. I have been helping out at the fantastic Flatpack Festival. If you are at Vivid this weekend please come and say hello! As well as Flatpack this weekend will see Digbeth/Eastside open up for a host of events.
Here are a few to look forward to:
- Private View for Gongoozler at Grand Union Saturday from 6pm – opening show from the new studio space set up by a group of Birmingham based artists and curators on Fazeley Street
- The Purple Ceiling at The Lombard Method – The space has been holding a residency over the last few weeks to coincide with Flatpack. The show will feature the results of the residency from artist Ella Lucas.
- Project Pigeon at the Rea Garden – as well as a live Pigeon ‘Feed’ in Vivid, you will be able to visit the pigeon loft at the Rea Garden on Floodgate Street from 12-4pm from Friday to Sunday.
- Artist talk at Eastside Projects – talk by dutch artist Jeanne van Heewijk
- Eaststride – a walk and talk around Eastside exploring its hidden gems, industrial heritage and recent creative developments. Saturday and Sunday at 12 and 3pm. Places are limited. To reserve a place email: admin[at]capsule[dot]org[dot]uk
- Matt Stokes at Vivid – screening the work of the Becks Futures prize-winning artist.
For more information go to We Are Eastside.